Thursday, August 12, 2010

Our Tara Of Woodstock


Today, we travel to Fort Sill, Oklahoma to see our middle daughter, Tara Baird of Woodstock, IL. There was time for hugs and dinner together on family day prior to her graduation tomorrow. Tara is expected to ship out to Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio on Saturday to begin training for her MOS which is 68 Whiskey, Combat Field Medic.
I can't adequately tell you how good it was to see her again. Many laughs and many tears. Most of the tears were because Tara kept slamming my hand in the car door. HA!
We brought her a family album of photos and letters from all at home who were unable to attend. Tara is doing us all proud. She has a very serious ARMY business face and still has her goofy "I just got away with tipping over the outhouse" face. I hope to share a few of these candid moments with you over the next few days.
I am so impressed with the young men and women who serve this country. I knew I would be ... but they are really great people. Today, my thoughts are with those who serve all over the world who are making the sacrifice of distance from those they love. May God be with you all and minister to your each and every need.
NikonSniper Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment