Saturday, November 21, 2009

Coles Supermarket, Port Douglas


In my recent post titled "Over The Top Award", BUSH BABE asked for the story behind the answer to question # 28.

"Your favourite store? Coles Supermarket in Port Douglas, QLD, Australia. Story please Steve? :-)BB"
Well, ... it's hard to believe but that's what popped into my head when it came time to answer that question. So, here is a photo from the supermarket. I really WAS there. This proves that not all answers given for this questionaire were designed to mask the real me.

I guess I could say I love Coles Supermarket. Why?
Because it is in Port Douglas, in Queensland, in Australia. In truth ... it's just a store, I could have picked any store I was at in all of Australia because it is where I woke up in a new world. So I love shopping at any store in Australia. Get it?
Australia is where I really discovered new life in photgraphy. BUT more important, it was our 25th Anniversary trip ... and it was glorious. I can show you so many photos (30,000) from this trip alone that I would not have to post anything else for years. I learned to SEE things I had never seen before. If you ever get the chance ... Go have "Breakfast with the Birds" at the Rain Forest Habitat in Port Douglas. Amazing! Google it! Anyway, In Australia, I began to photograph with new vigor for things I had missed for nearly 5 decades.
But on an even larger scale ... Australia made me really believe that heaven will be an incredible and awesome place. Why? Because God made Australia ... and if heaven is ONLY as good as that ... folks, it's going to be incredible and awesome. The Creator God was really doing magnificent work. BUT, with new eyes, I am seeing that everywhere I go now. Australia was pivotal in my photography. Sometimes, I am in places where I set my camera down and I just thank God for His Creation. Do you think I am losing it?

No comments:

Post a Comment