Sunday, January 24, 2010

Every Now & Then ... I Hit The Trifecta!


True, ... I will admit this photo is not up to my usual photographic standard. But sometimes I just need to capture a photo for its historical significance alone.
I regret that I was too stunned to get this photo as soon as I saw it, so ... you're going to have to take my word for this a little bit.
This young California girl is barefoot in January with her cell phone held to her right ear and carrying a pizza box in her left arm while crossing a busy Northern San Diego intersection. So what, you ask?
Well, she was very obviously 4-5 months pregnant. That may not mean that much to you ... but as a photographer ... 1) barefoot, 2) pregnant, and 3) delivering pizza is THE PHOTOGRAPHIC TRIFECTA! I will admit it would have been better if I got the photo when she was coming towards me ... but I was obviously so stunned I forgot to get the shot. It was too funny for me because I was wondering if she was taking another pizza order on the phone.
Hello, is this Becky? I would like a large sausage, mushroom and onion pizza. How long will it take you to walk up to the Carmel Valley Road exit off I-5?

No comments:

Post a Comment