Thursday, May 26, 2011

texture wallpaper


texture wallpaper. Prairie Texture Wallpaper
Prairie Texture Wallpaper


SyddeMar 15, 06:40 PMSomewhere I think I read that Fukushima Dai-ichi was just a few months away from final retirement of the entire facility after twice its designed lifetime. But there almost certainly must be spent fuel rods in all the basins, since fuel changes are done at least as often as 18 months and spent fuel takes two to four years to cool enough to be safely moved offsite. The fuel still contains enough U-235 to produce considerable heat from just decay, but internal pollutants reduce its ability to contribute in a reactive core. Presumably, spent fuel is not considered to be able/likely to generate a critical event (neutron flux is too compromised by pollutants) so it would not require such sturdy containment as would a reactor.

To me, this operation looks slightly slipshod, almost like brinkmanship. Pushing nuclear systems even half way to their limits seems like too risky.



texture wallpaper. Vector Art Wallpapers
Vector Art Wallpapers


greenstorkSep 20, 02:00 PMThe hard drive (if not used as DVR) will likely be used as temporary storage buffer. So if you buy a movie off iTS, it automatically streams to iTV and saved to the hard drive until you consume it.

And this is how the device will be able to do high definition. Since it's pretty difficult to stream 720p (or higher) content in real time, the iTV will buffer the stream and start playing when it is able.

This opens up tons of new possibilities and affirms for me at least, the ability to.

The real question is, is the HDD upgradeable?



texture wallpaper. Download medium wallpaper of
Download medium wallpaper of


desigarmsFeb 11, 12:42 PMI tried installing the android sdk, it is the usual linux crapfest of having to fix and tweak everything. After 1 hour I still could not get it working. Absolutely appalling, makes me wonder about google. Aapl wants max lockdown on all their **** but at least it works.

Load Sholmod..it's a open step, one package to root (hack) your phone.

And the coolest part about it is, it's made for people like you...meaning it's dummy proof! ;)



texture wallpaper. wood wallpaper/texture by
wood wallpaper/texture by


emotionSep 21, 01:39 PMMy point is that it's possible that the "network can't cope", exactly.

Hence the HD as cache perhaps?



texture wallpaper. Wallpapers · Technology NEC
Wallpapers · Technology NEC


Mac'nCheeseApr 24, 10:04 AMI figured I'd use this wonderful Easter Sunday (a day spent celebrating the beginning of Spring and absolutely nothing else), to pose a question that I have.... What's the deal with religious people? After many a spirited thread about religion, I still can't wrap my head around what keeps people in the faith nowadays. I'm not talking about those people in third world nations, who have lived their entire lives under religion and know of nothing else. I'm talking about your Americans (North and South), your Europeans, the people who have access to any information they want to get (and some they don't) who should know better by now. And yet, in thread after thread, these people still swear that their way is the only way. No matter what logic you use, they can twist the words from their holy books and change the meaning of things to, in their minds, completely back up their point of view. Is it stubbornness, the inability to admit that you were wrong about something so important for so long? Is it fear? If I admit this is BS, I go to hell? Simple ignorance? Please remember, I'm not talking about just believing in a higher power, I mean those who believe in religion, Jews, Christian, etc.



texture wallpaper. textures pattern red wallpaper
textures pattern red wallpaper


Rt&DzineMar 14, 07:35 PMAnd as long as humans are in charge of designing, building, and maintaining them, there will be errors.



texture wallpaper. Leather Texture 320X480 iPhone
Leather Texture 320X480 iPhone


MultimediaNov 3, 05:50 AMThen show me the data that backs up your claim that the average consumer is archeiving HD broadcast recordings on their iMac.I never made such a claim. You completely misunderstand my meaning. I wrote that whole scenario to refute your opinion Software is behind Hardware and show that the opposite is true.

They aren't. That's my whole point. They aren't because they can't because the hardware is too weak. That was the entire point of my above post. That's why all these 8, 16 and then 32 core processors are so needed ASAP.



texture wallpaper. Branch Texture wallpaper
Branch Texture wallpaper


jasonbrennanJul 12, 12:34 PMWhat about BLU RAY?

Am I the only one who hopes/thinks that we might see a bluray drive in the new mac pros? I mean, Apple is, afterall, a member of the br camp. And they always seem to want to be the "first" to have a new standard (wifi, dvd burning, firewire)...yes, I know they didn't invent any of these, and they may not have been the absolute first, but you know what I mean

Last year was supposed to be the "Year of HD", but we really didn't see a whole lot of it other than h.264. I think It would be really impressive if we saw at least a BDROM drive, if not a BDR would be hella cool



texture wallpaper. Regency Textured Wallpaper
Regency Textured Wallpaper


DerekasaurusSep 12, 03:27 PMApple gave a sneak peak of an upcoming product. Is that a flying pig I see out my window?

I think they did it because iTV doesn't really threaten any existing Apple products, so people aren't likely to hold off buying something while they wait for it. It's still odd behavior from Apple, but I'm not complaining.



texture wallpaper. texture wallpaper vintage.
texture wallpaper vintage.


javajediOct 8, 10:08 PMOriginally posted by alex_ant

I would also disagree somewhat with the paying more for quality comment. I don't think you really pay more for quality when you buy a Mac. What you do pay for is anyone's guess - software, R&D, or whatever - but Apple is notorious for its very high margins. Whatever you pay more for, it's definitely not the hardware, because most (all?) Macs are made in the same massive Asian factories as the big PC manufacturers' are anyway.

And I disagree that all PCs are crap as you say they are. Windows has come a long way, like it or not, and PCs are not the BSOD-every-hour computers they used to be. They've gotten a lot better in recent years, and this is why so many Macrumors posters are worried and yelling at Apple to get a move on with the faster machines.
Alex

I agree with you 110% all the way! Like I was saying earlier, my XP machine has never BSOD'd me. I used to have a shirt a long time ago that said, Macintosh 89' = Windows 95'. Now longer can I make this argument. Also very good point about the components.

Bewarned, ppl are going to flame us, but I don't care. I think you and I are being completely honost. Many of us here really want to see Apple lead the pack again in hardware.



texture wallpaper. Texture Wallpaper
Texture Wallpaper


AppliedVisualOct 30, 11:49 PMI already have a bunch of Adaptec eSATA/USB2 SATA enclosures that say they only work as USB2 on Macs. But I wonder if they won't work on any eSATA PCIe card we can put into the Mac Pro. How expensive are those eSATA PCIe cards anyway?

I don't know why it wouldn't work... In fact, I'm pretty sure I've seen eSATA enclosures advertised as working with a Mac. I'll see if I can find one.

BTW I find USB2 HD hook ups to be far less problematic and just as fast or faster than FW hooks ups. Is that true?

I've had pretty much the same luck... Some USB2 devices struggle a bit due to the onboard USB2 chipset, but for the most part, they're equivalent to FW400 (with a max rate of 480Mbps) and USB2 handles traffic from multiple devices better than firewire. OTOH, lots of older Mac systems, especially those Powerbook G4s, struggled with USB2 and often exhibited poor performance. But overall, I think USB2 has a bad reputation that it didn't deserve to get stuck with. In my experience having owned quite a few USB2 storage devices, I find that poor performance is more the fault of the device maker than the interface itself as I've got some hard drives - like a couple of my external Maxtor units, that perform blazingly fast and in no way slower on USB2 than when connected via FW.



texture wallpaper. Download medium wallpaper of
Download medium wallpaper of


spipengeJun 27, 02:22 AMI find it such a shame about the the low standards we as Americans have for our mobile providers. I see many people with the satisfaction of AT&T around the country, that they have no connection problems. Here is the problem. We are so accustomed to saying that signal strength is the be all and end all. The next question should be network speed. Case in point, I have family in Ottawa in Canada. He did a speedtest, during a weekday, and was getting 5.8 - 6.0 Mbps download speeds on Rogers and Fido networks. What do I get in NYC the fastest? On a good day 2.0 Mbps. The same morning he sent me his results from Ottawa I did a test and received 54 kbps. That's right...dial up speed. The fact is that we do not demand fast speeds as they have have in other places throughout the world, Europe, many parts of Asia and, yes, Canada. There is a reason for this: no competition. I can speak of Canada because of family there: there are multiple carriers there that will support the frequency the iPhone is on. Here, it is only AT&T. Many report using iPhone on T-Mobile with an unlocked phone, but, as I understand it, you can only used Edge on T-Mobile because of the different frequency. In other words, only 2G speeds.

I also feel I have to comment on all the "why isn't Apple developing a phone for Verizon" comments. Simply put, that would be an enormous step back. Verizon's and Sprint's use of CDMA is a huge step back. CDMA just doesn't have the capability of a GSM network (and let's not forget you can't use a CDMA phone outside the United States because nobody else uses this really bad technology). What people don't know is that CDMA does not support simultaneous data and voice transmission and receive. Case in point: friend of mine has Verizon. He called me to ask me to send some directions to his phone. I asked him if he could check to see if the map I'd sent was the correct one. His response: I have to hang up to check my email. The issue, then, is to NOT seek a Verizon phone, but to demand that AT&T build a ubiquitous network that is fast enough.



texture wallpaper. All Wallpapers, Textures
All Wallpapers, Textures


AhmedFaisalMar 15, 09:49 PMI still regard nuclear fission as the best option among fossil fuel technologies to get us over the hump until alternative energy sources can cover 100% of demand and/or nuclear fusion is ready for commercial use. I still would prefer us to phase out coal, oil, gas and trash burning plants before we shut down our nuclear reactors as they have better carbon footprints and the mining of their fuel is overall less damaging than coal strip mining. Do we need to quickly move away from Gen I and II technology and get to at least III+ technology for all of our reactors, absolutely, but exiting nuclear fission technology at least in the short to midterm seems like a poor choice to me.



texture wallpaper. brown texture wallpaper for
brown texture wallpaper for


Chupa ChupaAug 29, 11:10 AMThis should be a Page 2 story at best. Let's be clear about what this bit of propaganda is... We know Greenpeace is anti-technology, anti-capitalism. They know Apple is not only a huge success story, but also has a big presence in consumer's minds. Everyone knows Apple and iPods. Clearly Greenpeace, like the iPod labor camp story before it, is USING Apple to forward their own agenda of killing technology and thwarting capitalism and innovation.



texture wallpaper. texture, vector, wallpaper
texture, vector, wallpaper


GGJstudiosMay 2, 03:29 PMI'm sorry, but I'm still curious about the "auto-execute" part. Why would it run the installer automatically after decompressing it. That sounds quite "unsafe" to me. Even without administrator privilege, that means code can still run that can affect the current user's account.
It can't affect the user's account if the user doesn't proceed with the installation. If the installer is closed without proceeding, nothing is affected.

What's your point with ClamAV ? It's the defacto Unix anti-virus scanner that's used to scan for Windows viruses in e-mail servers usually.
It also scans for Mac malware.



texture wallpaper. wallpaper textures. wallpaper
wallpaper textures. wallpaper


mdriftmeyerApr 28, 08:35 AMAlmost all of that is due to the iPad. They had around 4% of the global market for computers last year.

Apple sold 820K+ more Macs in Q2 2011 over Q2 2010. You want to dismiss the halo effect that's your business.

Apple sold 3.76 million Macs during the quarter Q2 2011. [http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2011/04/20results.html]
Apple sold 2.94 million Macintosh� computers during the quarter Q2 2010. [http://images.apple.com/euro/cemea_en/pr/library/2010/04/20results.pdf]

Come Q2 2012 we'll see that increase more than double year of year putting the Macs sold nearing 5.5+ million for Q2 2012. Of course, it will look small next to the 15 million iPads, but only a fool would think 5.5+ million in a quarter of Macs is small.

Face it. The trend lines of the top 3 is down, not up.



texture wallpaper. textured wallpaper as a
textured wallpaper as a


tyr2Sep 20, 08:45 AMThis must be a US-centric view. Here (UK) PVRs with twin Freeview (DTT) tuners and 80GB HDs are everywhere. And they are very cheap now (120 quid upwards).

I'm thinking of ditching my cable provider (NTL, I only get it for Sky One, which is just Simpsons repeats) and going with something like this:

http://www.topfield.co.uk/terrestrialequipment.htm

Apparently you can DL what you record to your Mac (USB). I suspect you'll then be able to play that on iTV.

I have one of these devices, it's excellent. Especially with the user community at http://toppy.org.uk/.

There's some good info on using one with a Mac here http://www.mtop.co.uk/intro.html

The stock EPG on the unit is a bit crufty but it's deffinetly improving. I'd recommend one to anyone looking for a decent PVR.



texture wallpaper. Wallpaper Texture
Wallpaper Texture


iphone3gs16gbApr 15, 10:25 AMOf course Apple would do something like this



texture wallpaper. Flower wallpaper (Texture)
Flower wallpaper (Texture)


1macker1Mar 18, 12:49 PMThis will cause a major problem for apple. Cant wait to see the fallout.



*LTD*Apr 28, 08:23 AMThere's a difference between a PC (machine that gives you the ability to work) and a communication / entertainment device.

We are currently witnessing the melding of the two, with the mobile side emerging as the favoured platform.

Yes, you'll see content creation on tablet and pad devices. It's inevitable as they get more powerful and easier to use.



rdownsApr 15, 10:49 AMSnip a bunch of made up crap from a made up book supposedly written by a made up guy.


More hate from the god squad. :rolleyes:



ezekielrage_99Sep 26, 12:30 AMWhat the hell am I going to do with 8 cores??? :-D

Play WoW and CoD...... :confused:

That's what I was thinking of ;)



MultimediaOct 12, 01:40 PMForgot they are removing the cost of the pair of 2.66GHz Woodies. So the configure Processor lines should probably be only:

Two 2.33GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon [Add $800]
Two 2.66GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon [Add $1200]



jobesucksApr 15, 04:03 PMNo resolution independance sucks on mac, but think im right in saying lion will fix that.

Also mac networking sucks, pc,s rarely show in finder, sometimes do sometimes dont, have to cmd k far too often, well in my experience anyway.

Other than that not much else


No comments:

Post a Comment